Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bring on the Heat

Well, it's official, summer is here! With that comes sweat, stinky kids, heat and snappy bus drivers, lol! The cool days of May are gone and the real Texas summer has begun. Last week will be NOTHING compared to the heat of the last three days of school. But we WILL make it! I can't believe the school year is coming to a close. I don't know about everybody else, but this school year FLEW by leaving me wondering what the heck?! Before beginning the last week of my bus route for this year, I will share a couple of things with you from week 7.

I chose Romans 3:23 for the verse of the week because I have something a little different and special that I am going to do this week and I just wanted to prepare the kids for it. Romans 3:23 basically tells us that none of us are perfect. I wanted to let the kids know that just because I am the bus driver and always seem to be perfect (lol) that I am not. I wanted to let them know that just because they get in trouble sometimes or don't always make the right choices that they are still loved and still have the opportunity to redeem themselves.

The two things that stuck out for the week was little Caden wanting me to read the Bible to him again. He is just so sweet and is always the first to tell me when someone is not acting kindly. He just makes me smile and I wish all of you had the chance to meet him. The other thing that happened was about half way through the week one of the Intermediate boys came up behind me and quoted the verse, word for word, without even picking up the Bible. I was very impressed. He attends Woodland Hills Baptist Church and is a part of their Awana program. The program has kids memorize scripture weekly along with other fun activities. This was a great example of how this program is changing hearts and lives with scripture. No other big things happened like in the previous weeks but it was good. There was not any bad news and I felt like I was still building bigger and better relationships with the kids.

I do have to say though, the heat is about to KILL me! From year to year, I keep wondering how I will make it through the heat. By the end of each route, my shirt is soaked, feet are swollen, no makeup is left, I smell like a dog and my legs are stuck to the seat, lol! I am sure that I am sight to behold. But last week... I was ALSO happy. This is a huge change and I like the new me. I hope that the kids have seen the change and realize that I also have sinned and fallen short and that I am not perfect. However, I am trying to redeem myself for the last few years of not being a good leader, a good example and just someone to talk to. Taking the focus off of myself and onto the kids has made a HUGE impact on my life, my attitude and my walk with Christ. I have had to depend on Him fully to get me through this and He has provided the strength. I am just praying that He likes the heat too because that little fan on my bus is NOT going to be enough to get me through the next three days!

I hope that this weeks blog will be an encouragement to you wherever you are in your walk with Christ. We are all sinners and we all have shortcomings. He just wants us to realize that, pick ourselves up, look to Him, lean on Him and never look back. Take a look in the mirror this week and see what is going on in your life that needs to be handed over to Him. He will meet you there and get you through it as long as you are willing to make the change and accept His love and help. Our God is an awesome God. I know if he can get me through driving a school bus for four years, the possibilities are endless of what He can do in all areas of our lives. Trust Him, listen to Him, and make that change. Your life will be blessed beyond measure.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

1 comment:

  1. You are and always have been an inspiration to others by walking in faith daily. Your life and blog is making a positive impact in many lives, and the kids will remember that this summer. You'll all look forward to the next school year.

    ReplyDelete