Friday, October 21, 2011

Whaaaazzz Up?

So the kids haven't seen me all week because school was out on Monday.  Today was my first day to drive and I was feeling pretty silly on this beautiful day!  So I decided to give each kid a, "Whaaazzz up?" as they came on the bus.  Just close your eyes for a moment and imagine me saying that 60 or so times to 60 or so different kids!!!!!  It got funnier each time and the kids were LOVING it!  For the most part I got about 60 or so, "Whaaazzz up?" back.  Great start to a long week for me.

I had my Diet DP from Mickey D's, my Scentsy Diva shirt on, trash all over the bus (from the game last night) and a sassy attitude!  "Let's get this thing started", I shouted out and off we went.  Picked up all the campuses, wind blowing our hair, and up on two wheels out on to 450 headed home (not really but it sounded good)!  We got about 100 feet from the school and two boys started beating up another little kid but all else seemed to be going good.  I yelled.  They stopped.  They started again.  I yelled.  They stopped.  This went on for a while until I got tired of yelling.  They weren't ruining my day though:)  I couldn't pull the bus over on I-20 so I decided to stop on the Loop instead.  So I just watched as they kept on but my spirits were high.

Finally got to the Loop and I pulled over.  They had no idea what was coming.  I slowly got up from my seat with my Scentsy Diva self and walked to their seat, leaned over as close as I could and shouted, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING BOY?" with a drill sergeant voice.  Those eyes got so wide and they sat straight up in that seat right quick.  "WHY ARE YOU HITTING THAT BOY?", I shouted.  "ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO PUT YOUR HANDS ON SOMEONE ELSE?" "No ma'am", they replied with fear in their voices.  "THEN I BETTER NOT SEE IT HAPPEN AGAIN"!  Total silence fell over the bus.  I quietly turned around and walked slowly back to my seat, put my blinker on and got back on my merry way.  Looked in my mirror and started a conversation with the kids behind me like nothing happened.  It was great.  Man that felt good.  My blood pressure didn't even go up :) So great to have God on my side helping me through times like that.

Finally got all of the kids dropped off on my first two stops after having to write those two little boys up and started heading to my last stop.  All the kids came to the front and I told them it seemed like forever since I had seen them.  They said, "We miss you Mrs. Sutton and the other driver takes forever and pulls over anytime someone stands up".  I said, "Whatever".  They just went on and on about missing me and as they got off the bus, I looked up and one of the boys was waving goodbye to me!  That would not be a big deal to me if it had of been a little kid but we are talking about junior high here.  He has never waved at me before.  So I guess maybe, they really do miss me.  And maybe just maybe, I am shining a little bit of God's light.  It made my day!

So I say all this to say, don't take everything so serious.  Lighten up a little.  Enjoy life.  And do everything you do to the Glory of the Lord because He made you!  He is counting on us to be those special people to brighten up someone else's day.  So no matter what you are doing or have gotten yourself into, make the best of it and live this life for Him and only Him.  Peace out!


He who loves purity of heart and whose speech is gracious, the king is his friend. Proverbs 22:11


No comments:

Post a Comment