Saturday, October 13, 2012

Week 10: Field Trips and more!

Who says homeschoolers can't have fun?!  We had an awesome field trip to the Dixie Corn Maze in Shreveport on Tuesday.  We met several other families there and enjoyed zip lining,  the corn maze, pig races, water races, barn swing and so much more.  We really enjoyed it and will go back next year!  Here are some of the pics:
 A little competitive fun!  Edison won :)
So brave to go first!

He was SO scared!
I am 36 years old and decided to have a little fun even though they almost had to PUSH me off!
This fireman is a pro.  All too easy for him.  He RAN and jumped off!  Crazy sucker :)
Barn swing!!  Had to go back for round 2 on this one.

Just a little friendly war between friends!
 First corn maze experience was a BLAST!

Edison also had a great week at ELO; however, Jamison had to stay home with 104 temp :(  That was his only symptom but the poor little fellow felt horrible.  Edison was selected to do the ELO experiment on mechanical advantage and I think he liked it!

Then to end the week, I had my Scentsy booth at the famous Western Days in Hallsville, TX.  I setup for Friday and Saturday with the boys help.


We had a great turnout and sale even though we froze our tooshes off on Saturday!  My mom even came out to help on Saturday.  She is such a trooper and the boys were WONDERFUL to help me.  Saturday morning while I was at Western Days with Edison, Jamison had his first flag football game with our homeschool group and he made the ONE and ONLY touchdown for his team.  He was ecstatic and I think that is all he talked about all weekend :)

We had a wonderful but tiring week with all that was on our calendars.  We got all of our school work done plus one extra chapter on our read aloud, made a little money and had a LOT of fun!  Homeschool has so many wonderful perks!  I hope we were a blessing to all that we came in contact with this week.  Can't wait to see what next week has in store for the Sutton's!

It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth. (Matthew 15:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment