Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 8: Sink or Swim


WOW!  What an awesome, tiring, fun, exhausting, exciting, overwhelming week.  God is SO good!  Last week has been our busiest week yet, but so much fun at the same time.  It would probably have been much more relaxed if I was not so OCD!!!!  We had several things going on last week, but I was not going to get behind schedule with our school work, by golly!!  I was determined to read every chapter, dot every i and cross every t even if it killed me.  Guess what...WE MADE IT!
Our week started out with the normal, “Do I have to write ALL the words and do I really have to read EVERY page?”  Kids!! SHEESH!  I never complained about My schoolwork...YEAH RIGHT!  After a quick kick, uh, I mean reminder, everything was great :)  The kids knew we had a tight schedule with our schoolwork to be able to get everything done and they were real troopers(Uncle Brandon would be proud, lol).  We doubled up school work on Monday and Thursday so that we could enjoy our field trip to Perfect Catering, ELO and go to band.

Tuesday we took a field trip to Perfect Catering and the kids got to see a commercial kitchen in action, make cookies that are distributed at the coffee shops in the hospital, get the inside scoop at the coffee shop and enjoy a picnic lunch outside the hospital.  It was a lot of fun and the kids learned a lot about how to run a successful business and what goes into making food for SO many people.

Wednesday was filled with our ELO classes, friends, a picnic at Lois Jackson park and violin lessons.  ELO is going great and the boys love going to class with all of their friends.  Jamison got to study a live bird in his science class and Edison got to test gravity in his class.  I got to hold and love babies in the nursery since we had some moms gone.  Wouldn’t you know that I would get the poopy diaper!!!

Thursday was a very busy day with extra schoolwork and I had a ton of Scentsy to work on plus go to the store.  So daddy got to sub for part of the day and he did awesome!  He got to read a chapter of The Witch of Blackbird Pond and do their Bible lesson with them.  He really enjoyed it and so did the boys.  So glad he is willing to step in when I need him!

Friday was best of all and busiest of all.  I had a TON of Scentsy deliveries to make and the boys were so good to run all over town with me.  My mom met us at Chick-Fil-A for lunch and then we headed to the Akin’s garage sale.  We found some great treasures and then I was off to take Edison to band practice.  Jamison stayed and helped with the sale and waited on us to return.  After practice we made it back to the sale and helped clean up.  It was exhausting but SO MUCH FUN being with our wonderful friends.

All in all it was a fabulous week and we even got all of our school work done!  I was so stressed out on Monday just thinking about everything we had to do.  God pulled us through it and the week was better than I could have ever hoped for.  I even made a new friend!  What a blessing.  When things seem to overwhelm you or you are feeling bombarded, remember Who is in charge.  Step back and let Him take the wheel and the ride will be so much smoother.

God, create a clean heart for me and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment